Field Service Technician- OaklandLocation Oakland, California Date posted September 14, 2023 Job ID 14608 Apply Now Save Job
- Conducting mechanical and electronic measurements, recording results, and inspecting serviced pipettes against established quality and performance parameters.
- Reassembling and calibrating pipettes to meet manufacturer standards, ensuring all repair work meets necessary guidelines.
- Prioritizing orders and expediting them through our database system, following customers' specific order requests.
- Focusing on meeting our service levels and turnaround time commitments which may include working overtime as needed.
- Completing all related reports and data entry into our automated system.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have strong interpersonal and verbal (English) communication skills.
- Must have good written communication skills, as there will be frequent email communication with customers and associates and daily completion of service reports.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to disassemble and reassemble small precision mechanical instruments.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This opportunity would travel 50-75% of the time and cover Northwest CA including, Oakland, San Jose, Palo Alto, South San Francisco, and Novato regions.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program, perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave programs
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in precision instrumentation
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards across Mettler Toledo
- Global recognition for the quality of our products and services
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
Working at METTLER TOLEDO
Take a look at a "day in the life" of a METTLER TOLEDO employee. No matter where you work in this company, the team atmosphere comes through. METTLER TOLEDO may be precisely where you belong.
Join Our Talent Community.
Be the first to know about our job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.
METTLER TOLEDO endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at Contact us EEO@mt.com.