Radiation Safety OfficerLocation Lutz, Florida Date posted November 16, 2023 Job ID 15035 Apply Now Save Job
- Establish and oversee operating, safety, emergency, and ALARA procedures in relation to radiation safety and to review annually
- Establish and maintain a Radiation Safety training program such that appropriate and effective radiation safety practices are taught
- Update and maintain our service portfolio of radiation offerings including presentations delivered by Field Service Technicians (FST’s)
- Ensure all XR FST's receive operator, maintenance, troubleshooting, and radiation safety training
- Ensure records of the radiation safety program are maintained as required by applicable regulation
- Ensure required radiation surveys are correctly performed by the FST's and documented in accordance with regulations, including any corrective measures when levels exceed applicable limits
- Train field engineers to perform the radiation survey correctly
- Verify individual monitoring devices (Dosimetry badges) are used properly, records of results are maintained, and notifications are made in accordance with applicable regulations
- Maintain State Registration Requirements for FST's and Mettler Toledo
- Assist Sales with State Notifications for the sale of every XR machine, as needed
- Have a thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements to assist sales staff, partners, XR project manager, and customers with compliance
- Work with Research and Development and Engineering teams to ensure regulatory compliance, adequate shielding, and safety requirements are met
- Conduct regular radiation leakage checks on production machines to verify production standards are met
- Serve as a primary contact with the FDA, Agreement States, and Global Authorities (translator assisted) on matters of the radiation safety program
- Manage, maintain, and track all Safety related projects such as, but not limited to, FDA Door lock project, IP69 Door Seals project, Hazloc projects, Bedstrip project, Surge suppressor project, and CW Entanglement Project
- 2+ Years in X-ray Inspection or Radiation Safety
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- Must be experienced in X-ray Inspection
- Ability to handle a hectic, fast paced, ever-changing work environment, while maintaining a professional attitude
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills as position requires people management
- Must be organized, efficient, detail-oriented, innovative and effective problem-solver
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Windows based computerized office systems, Internet protocol, web based instructional methods and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to meet difficult deadlines
- Strong problem solving abilities
Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
- No matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please clickhere.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us atEEO@mt.com.
Working at METTLER TOLEDO
Take a look at a "day in the life" of a METTLER TOLEDO employee. No matter where you work in this company, the team atmosphere comes through. METTLER TOLEDO may be precisely where you belong.
- Service Telesales Representative Lutz, Florida 11/28/2023
- Product Support Team Leader, Transport & Logistics SBU Lutz, Florida 11/08/2023
Join Our Talent Community.
Be the first to know about our job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.
METTLER TOLEDO endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at Contact us EEO@mt.com.