Field Service Technician - Industrial Weighing ProductsLocation Columbia, Maryland Date posted February 09, 2024 Job ID 15610
- Performs basic end user training.
- Performs calibrations and preventative maintenance duties according to METTLER TOLEDO procedures and customer requirements.
- Assists and cooperates with Scheduling Analyst and Service Support Team as necessary.
- Is proactive in promoting and selling service and products. Submitting sales leads at a level commensurate with experience is required.
- Ensures compliance with all company and customer safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Works to ensure customer uptime requirements are met and that all work assignments are completed on time.
- Accurately completes and submits all required paperwork on a daily basis as required via company issued Laptop PC in a professional manner
- Maintains a close professional relationship with external/internal customers, sales, technicians and other leaders.
- Works to ensure an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork with field and service support colleagues.
- Must comply with the Company Fleet policy.
- Accurately submits Weights & Measures paperwork to state/county in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED or 5 years relevant experience and an aptitude in the areas of Engineering, Electronics, Instrumentation, Technology or Computer Science or equivalent education and experience in a technical support role, technical troubleshooting or technical installation of electronics or electromechanical technology.
- Associate's degree (AA) with a technical major or equivalent from a two-year College is preferred.
- Customer facing or field service experience preferred. Commercial experience desired.
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical repair philosophies including: basic understanding of PC networking & software configuration
- 1 - 3 years electro /mechanical repair or weighing industry experience.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a CDL and Weights and Measures license in the service area for continued employment. Failure to obtain or the loss of either license could result in termination of employment.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The capability of learning proprietary software and be able to review and update information using METTLER TOLEDO programs.
- The ability to travel overnight, which may be up to 10% on avg.; but could be as high as 25% depending on business needs; expectations are to travel primarily via the Company assigned vehicle, but may be required to travel by plane.
- Residence within the service territory.
- The ability to work overtime in the range of 10 - 15% on average, but may be as high as 25% in a given time period.
- Willingness to be exposed to hazards in the work site including, but not limited to, chemicals and solvents, vehicle traffic and machinery & moving parts; Exposure to dust, dirt, cold work environments, and fumes varies from work site to work site.
- Willingness to wear special protective equipment and clothing when required.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
Get to Know METTLER TOLEDO
Take a look at a “day in the life” of a METTLER TOLEDO employee. No matter where you work in this company, the team atmosphere comes through. METTLER TOLEDO may be precisely where you belong.
Join our Talent Community and receive personalized updates about our opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.
METTLER TOLEDO endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at Contact Us EEO@mt.com.