Field Service Technician - Laboratory ProductsLocation Albany, New York Date posted November 16, 2023 Job ID 15030 Apply Now Save Job
- Performs, installations, calibrations and preventative maintenance duties according to METTLER TOLEDO procedures and customer requirements.
- Escalate technical or customer issues and concerns when appropriate in timely fashion Assists and cooperates with Scheduling Analyst and Service Support Team as necessary.
- Is proactive in promoting and selling service and products. Submitting sales leads at a level commensurate with experience is required.
- Works to ensure customer uptime requirements are met and that all work assignments are completed on time.
- Accurately completes and submits all required paperwork on a daily basis as required via company issued Laptop PC in a professional manner
- Maintains a close professional relationship with external/internal customers, sales, technicians and other leaders.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor to customers by establishing both a trust-based relationship with customers and by ensuring you are viewed as a source of valuable advice.
- Works to ensure an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork with field and service support colleagues.
- Must comply with the Company Fleet policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (AA) with a technical major or equivalent from a two-year College or other post-secondary education preferred, or related job experience, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Field Service and/or Customer Facing experience desired.
- Competency in the use and operation of PCs and Smart Phones including use of mobile applications. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be capable of learning proprietary software and be able to review and update information using METTLER TOLEDO programs.
- The physical demands described in the Physical Requirements form are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Overnight travel is required and may be up to 25% on avg. Overnight travel requirements may be from 50% - 100% during training period to allow for the opportunity for class room and on the job training and shadowing.
- This position will require you to reside within 30 miles of the service territory.
- Employees are to travel primarily via the Company assigned vehicle, but may be required to travel by plane
- Overtime requirement is in the range of 10 – 15% on average, but may be as high as 25% in a given time period.
- The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hazards in the work site including, but not limited to, chemicals and solvents, vehicle traffic and machinery. In addition, they may be exposed to moving parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to dust, dirt, and fumes varies from work sit to work site.
- Special protective equipment and clothing including customer required and provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), for example, gowning, masks, etc. may be required. May be subject to work in varied work environments including but not limited to quality control/assurance, manufacturing, petrochemical, or clean room work environments.
- You will be working at one or more customer locations that require up-to-date vaccinations and/or testing. You will be required to provide proof.
- This position is considered safety sensitive and is subject to drug testing permitted by law.
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- A company car with paid insurance for your work and personal needs.
- All tools and equipment needed to perform the job and a clothing allowance
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer product.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
Working at METTLER TOLEDO
Take a look at a "day in the life" of a METTLER TOLEDO employee. No matter where you work in this company, the team atmosphere comes through. METTLER TOLEDO may be precisely where you belong.
Join Our Talent Community.
Be the first to know about our job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. Learn your EEO rights as an applicant under the law.
METTLER TOLEDO endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at Contact us EEO@mt.com.